White teens planned to bomb Parliament and Buckingham Palace

17th Jul 2015
White teens planned to bomb Parliament and Buckingham Palace

Nadine Osman

Two white teenagers from North Tyneside were jailed for a year on June 22 after they admitted planning to blow up Parliament and Buckingham Palace and purchased components to build an explosive device.

The 15-year-olds who planned suicide bombings, bought bomb-making equipment online – before a worried mother of one of the teens contacted police.

The two revealed a desire to target a school and a shopping centre and their hopes to die a wanted man like killer Raoul Moat, Newcastle Crown Court heard.

The police were alerted when one set of the parents got suspicious about chemicals being delivered to the house late last year and contacted the police, fearing their son may be on drugs.

The teens bragged they wanted to go “out with a bang”, planned to kill families in their homes, make a beheading video and to blow up Buckingham Palace and the Houses of Parliament.

The pair referred to the death of Lee Rigby during the shocking exchanges.

The duo had bought kilos of chemicals as well as pipes and fuses off the internet and planned to build their bombs using an online guide.

The sinister exchanges between the two teens were revealed when detectives investigated their internet accounts.

The court heard one of the boys bought the pipes and fuses, the other the chemical compounds.

When the parents asked questions about what the boys were buying, they told about science experiments.

The court heard when some of the chemical ingredients were intercepted and seized by one boy’s mother and father the pair came up with alternative weapons involving bottles, nails and flame throwers.

Detectives searched the boys’ mobile phones and found disturbing links to websites about the Taliban and about making explosives, Molotov cocktails and nail bombs.

When the parents asked questions about what the boys were buying, they were fobbed off with excuses about science experiments

One boy expressed hatred of Jews and black people while the other boy had a collection of photographs of weapons including knives and a replica gun.

Experts said the components the boys had bought were capable of making a viable bomb.

They were convicted under the Explosives Act.

Leave a Comment

What is 11 + 8 ?
Please leave these two fields as-is:
IMPORTANT! To be able to proceed, you need to solve the following simple math (so we know that you are a human) :-)

Over 120 people attended a landmark conference on the media reporting of Islam and Muslims. It was held jointly by The Muslim News and Society of Editors in London on September 15.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence 2015 was held on March in London to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to the society.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence 2015 was held on March in London to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to the society.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence event is to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to society. Over 850 people from diverse background, Muslim and non-Muslim, attended the gala dinner.

Latest Tweets