2016 ADVERTISING RATES (£)
Height x Width (mm)
|FULL PAGE: (380 x 266)||3500|
|HALF PAGE: (190 x 266)||2200|
|QUARTER PAGE: (245 x 103)||1200|
|QUARTER PAGE: (165 x 156)||1200|
|EIGHTH PAGE: (122 x 103)||800|
|EIGHTH PAGE: (82 x 156)||800|
|SINGLE COLUMN: (50 x 50)||220|
|SINGLE COLUMN: (80 x 50)||300|
2016 COPY/PUBLICATION DATES
The Muslim News website receives up to 1.5 million hits a month.
Have a banner linked to your website
ONLINE ADVERTISING RATES
1 month – £450 + VAT | 12 months – £4500 + VAT
Online banner specs
Width – 160 Pixels
Height – 225 Pixels
Agency commission 15% | Other sizes/special positions by arrangement
Cost exclusive of vat
|Tyne & Wear||100|
|Isle of Wight||25|
Unlike other publications that cater for a specific ethnic group, The Muslim News is aimed at the wider Muslim community. And according to the Office of National Statistics, Muslims are the most ethnically diverse religious group in England and Wales. This makes any advertisers attempt to target Muslim consumers using only “Asian” or any other ethnic publications counter-productive.
The Muslim News reaches the most diverse ethnic communities: Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Indian, Kashmiri, Sri Lankan, Turkish, Turkish Cypriots, Arabs, Iranian, Malaysian, Kosovan, Bosnian, African (including Somalis), Afro Caribbean etc.
WHY TARGET THE MUSLIM CONSUMER?
Muslims are the next largest religious group in the UK with 2.7 million people (4.8 per cent of the population). Between 2001 and 2011 there has been an increase in people who identify as Muslim (3 % to 4.8%) the BIGGEST INCREASE OF ALL FAITHS. The Muslim News is available in most mosques, Islamic centres, universities, Muslim bookshops, colleges, libraries across the country and we have mail shots for over 600 mosques.
|Year||No of Muslims||Muslim (population)||Registered Mosques|
56,000 + the number of emails available to The Muslim News for mail shots (as of June 2015).
|France Mosques/Islamic Centre’s||73|
|UK Mosques/Islamic Centre’s||757|
|USA Mosques/Islamic Centre’s||812|
• £3.6 billion the combined liquid assets of 10,000 Muslim millionaires in the UK (Datamonitor 2008)
• £31+ billion estimated contribution to UK economy
• £20.5 billion estimated British Muslim spending power
• The global Halal food industry is worth $661 billion; £1billion is the estimated size of UK Halal food industry
• 84 % of all ethnic minority adults read ethnic publications
• 40% of London’s ethnic minority population is Muslim (1 million)
• £6.23 in revenue is generated for every £1 spent on print ads compared with £3.57 for TV [Source: A study by econometricians at Brand Science for the Outdoor OAA, 2008]
• Research suggests that Muslims give to charity more than twice as much per capita than the average Briton (a reported £370 vs £165). [Source: PM David Cameron @ The Muslim News Awards for Excellence March 31, 2014]
Lidl, Tesco, Sainsbury,
Aga Khan University, Al-Mahdi Institute, Cardiff University, College of Business Management, Heythrop College, King Saud University, Liverpool Hope University, Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies, Tauheedul Trust, The Islamic College, Woolf Institute
Did you know The Muslim News…
• Provides objective news & views of Muslims in the UK
• Began publishing in February 1989, is the oldest, well established and respected Muslim newspaper in the UK
• The only independent monthly Muslim newspaper in the UK. It is neither backed by any country, organisation nor any party
• Is renowned for its objectivity & authenticity of its news, & is the most authoritative commentator on British Muslim affairs
• Is the most consulted paper in the UK on Muslim domestic & international issues by various media, institutions, academics and researchers – both Muslim and non-Muslim
• Has been one of the pioneers of recognising the Muslim community; it has campaigned for a British Muslim identity
• Ethnic readership is dynamic & diverse; South Asian (Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Kashmiri and Indian), Indonesian, Malaysian, Turkish, Turkish-Cypriot, Iranian, Arab, Bosnian, Kosovan, African, Afro-Caribbean, Somali & other ethnic minorities. Our readership is mainly the second & third generation Muslims but also targets first generation
• Highlights human rights abuses against British Muslims
• Organizes the pioneering prestigious annual ‘The Muslim News Awards for Excellence’ event to acknowledge British Muslim contribution to society & celebrate excellence and highlights the achievements in the Muslim community. It is also intended that by identifying Muslim achievers and success stories around the UK, we will go some way towards providing the much needed positive role models for our younger generation, and towards countering the misconceptions and prejudice that, more often than not, surround Muslim community representation in the media.
• The Editor, Ahmed J Versi, founded the UK Muslim Women’s Sport in 2001 and later founded Muslim Women Sport Foundation. In 2001 & 2005, The Muslim News organized teams to participate in the International Islamic Women’s Games. Versi was elected as an executive committee member of the International Islamic Women’s Games, in charge of non-Muslim countries during 2001-2005
• Reports on what is unreported by the non-Muslim media. It is pro-active and sets the vision for the Muslim community
• In its 25 years of publication, has highlighted some of the media’s and establishment’s institutionalised Islamophobia on various issues – political (both domestic & international), education, employment & religion