Palestine: Israeli forces raid Palestinian hospital

5th Jan 2021
Palestine: Israeli forces raid Palestinian hospital

By Awad al-Rujoub

RAMALLAH, Palestine (AA): Israeli forces raided a hospital in the occupied West Bank on Monday, causing panic among patients, according to the Palestinian health minister.

In a statement, Mai al-Kaili said Israeli soldiers fired stun grenades inside the Thabet Thabet Hospital in the northern city of Tulkarem during the raid.

Al-Kaila condemned the raid as a “new Israeli crime that contradicts all international conventions and norms, and the Geneva conventions”.

She went on to appeal to the international community to “intervene to protect the Palestinian people and put an end to the repeated Israeli assaults”.

Dr. Haitham Shadeed, the director of the hospital, said the soldiers invaded the external area of the hospital approximately at 3:30 at dawn, before storming the main floor of the medical facility.

He added that the soldiers fired several concussion grenades into the reception area, and the Emergency Unit, causing anxiety attacks among many patients, doctors of workers.

According to the minister, Israeli forces attacked three Palestinian hospitals in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip last month.

Earlier Monday, Israeli forces raided several homes in Tulkarem, firing stun grenades and tear gas canisters to disperse protesting youth.

The Israeli army frequently carries out wide-ranging arrest campaigns across the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem on the pretext of searching for “wanted” Palestinians.

*Ahmed Asmar contributed to this report from Ankara

[Photo: Israeli forces fire tear gas canisters at Palestinian protesters against Israel’s construction of illegal Jewish settlements, in Kafr Qaddum village, Nablus, West Bank on December 25, 2020. Photographer: Nedal Eshtayah/AA]

Leave a Comment

What is 8 + 5 ?
Please leave these two fields as-is:
IMPORTANT! To be able to proceed, you need to solve the following simple math (so we know that you are a human) :-)

Over 120 people attended a landmark conference on the media reporting of Islam and Muslims. It was held jointly by The Muslim News and Society of Editors in London on September 15.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence 2015 was held on March in London to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to the society.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence 2015 was held on March in London to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to the society.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence event is to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to society. Over 850 people from diverse background, Muslim and non-Muslim, attended the gala dinner.

Latest Tweets