Scrolling news:

Syria: Second civilian convoy from east Aleppo reaches safety

16th Dec 2016
Syria: Second civilian convoy from east Aleppo reaches safety

By Handan Kazanci

 

ISTANBUL (AA): The second convoy of civilians from eastern Aleppo has reached an opposition-controlled area, Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said on Thursday.

“Our efforts continue for Aleppo. 2nd convoy of 16 buses carrying civilians reached the area under control of opposition in West Aleppo,” Cavusoglu tweeted.

He also mentioned about a third convoy from eastern Aleppo.

“Buses have returned to Aleppo for 3rd convoy, people are getting on buses now. Our efforts continue & we are closely following developments,” he said in another tweeted.

“1,198 civilians (577 men, 320 women, 301 children) who departed from East Aleppo reached the area under opposition control in West Aleppo,” he added.

The minister also thanked Turkey’s National Intelligence Service, aid agencies, Directorate of Disaster and Emergency Management and Turkish Red Crescent for their efforts to help civilians.

Earlier, Deputy Prime Minister Veysi Kaynak said six injured people from the Syrian city were brought to Turkey for treatment.

According to Anadolu Agency reporters on site, the total number of those evacuated from Aleppo has now reached 2,284 people.

According to an agreement between the Assad regime and Syrian opposition groups, civilians evacuated from eastern Aleppo will continue to head towards Idlib, which is located near the border with Turkey.

Syria has been locked in a vicious civil war since early 2011, when the Bashar al-Assad regime cracked down on pro-democracy protests — which erupted as part of the “Arab Spring” uprisings — with unexpected ferocity.

Since then, more than a quarter of a million people have been killed and more than 10 million displaced across the war-battered country, according to the UN.

The Syrian Center for Policy Research, however, put the death toll from the six-year conflict at more than 470,000 people.

 

[Photo: Civilians from East Aleppo reach the transfer center at Etarib district of Aleppo Syria on December 15, 2016.

Photographer: Muhabiri Mahmoud Faisal/AA]

Leave a Comment

What is 4 + 14 ?
Please leave these two fields as-is:
IMPORTANT! To be able to proceed, you need to solve the following simple math (so we know that you are a human) :-)

Over 120 people attended a landmark conference on the media reporting of Islam and Muslims. It was held jointly by The Muslim News and Society of Editors in London on September 15.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence 2015 was held on March in London to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to the society.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence 2015 was held on March in London to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to the society.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence event is to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to society. Over 850 people from diverse background, Muslim and non-Muslim, attended the gala dinner.

Latest Tweets

Betboo Porno izle Mobile porn hilesi