Scrolling news:

Yemen: Fighting kills dozens in Taiz

23rd Aug 2016
Yemen: Fighting kills dozens in Taiz

By Murad al-Arifi

 

SANAA (AA): At least 46 people were killed in deadly clashes Monday between pro-government forces and Ansar Allah group (Houthis) in Yemen’s central Taiz province.

Battles broke out in western Taiz, in which 25 Houthis and allied forces of former president Ali Abdullah Saleh were killed, the pro-government forces said in a statement.

“Fifteen pro-government forces were also killed in the violence,” it added.

Six Houthis were also killed and four others injured in clashes with pro-government fighters west of Taiz city, a local source said anonymously due to restrictions on speaking to media.

The Houthi group does not often comment on its casualties.

Yemen has been ravaged by civil war since late 2014, when the Houthis and their allies overran capital Sanaa, forcing President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi and his Saudi-backed government to temporarily flee to Riyadh.

The conflict escalated when Saudi Arabia and Arab allies launched in March of last year a massive military campaign in the country aimed at reversing Houthi gains and restoring Hadi’s embattled government.

Last week, the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) said that more than three million Yemenis have been displaced by the ongoing conflict in the Arab country.
 

[Photo: Government supported militias, People’s Resistance Forces, loyal to President of Yemen Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi members are seen after they took control of Souq Al Dabab district from houthi forces in Taiz, Yemen on August 21, 2016.

Photographer: Abdulnasser Alseddik/AA]

Leave a Comment

What is 14 + 11 ?
Please leave these two fields as-is:
IMPORTANT! To be able to proceed, you need to solve the following simple math (so we know that you are a human) :-)

Over 120 people attended a landmark conference on the media reporting of Islam and Muslims. It was held jointly by The Muslim News and Society of Editors in London on September 15.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence 2015 was held on March in London to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to the society.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence 2015 was held on March in London to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to the society.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence event is to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to society. Over 850 people from diverse background, Muslim and non-Muslim, attended the gala dinner.

Latest Tweets

Betboo Porno izle Mobile porn hilesi