Scrolling news:

Karabakh: Turkey condemns Armenian attacks on Karabakh, many killed

3rd Apr 2016
Karabakh: Turkey condemns Armenian attacks on Karabakh, many killed

ANKARA (AA) – Turkey’s Foreign Ministry has condemned Armenian attacks which have led to two days of fighting over the occupied Karabakh region. 12 Azeris and 18 Armenians have been killed in the fighting.

Azerbaijani state news agency Azertac quoted President Ilham Aliyev as saying: “Armenia carried out another provocation on the line of contact and attacked the positions of Azerbaijan.

“Azerbaijan’s armed forces repulsed the attack and the opposite side received an appropriate response.”

However, Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan claimed in a National Security Assembly gathering that 18 Armenian soldiers had died and 35 had been injured. Azerbaijan had said that six Armenian tanks and 15 cannons were destroyed and more than 100 Armenian soldiers killed or injured.

The Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) Chairman-in-Office and Germany’s Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier expressed concern over the clashes in Karabakh.

In a statement, Steinmeier called upon both sides to “end hostilities immediately and to respect the ceasefire in full”.

Azerbaijan reclaimed land occupied by Armenia during the clashes over Friday and Saturday which saw 12 Azerbaijani soldiers martyred.

Azerbaijan’s defense ministry said that its army had launched operations in the Agdere, Terter, Agdam, Hocavend and Fuzuli regions to protect civilian lives.

During the operation the Azerbaijani army reclaimed some strategic hills and residential zones.

Pro-Armenian militia occupied the Karabakh region of Azerbaijan in 1993.

Three UN Security Council Resolutions (853, 874 and 884), and United Nations General Assembly Resolutions 19/13 and 57/298 refer to Karabakh as being part of Azerbaijan. The Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe refers to the region as being occupied by Armenian forces.
Author Hatice Vildan Topaloğlu,Tutku Şenen

[Map of Nagorno Karabakh. By Aivazovsky Public Domain/Wikimeida]

Leave a Comment

What is 14 + 5 ?
Please leave these two fields as-is:
IMPORTANT! To be able to proceed, you need to solve the following simple math (so we know that you are a human) :-)

Over 120 people attended a landmark conference on the media reporting of Islam and Muslims. It was held jointly by The Muslim News and Society of Editors in London on September 15.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence 2015 was held on March in London to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to the society.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence 2015 was held on March in London to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to the society.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence event is to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to society. Over 850 people from diverse background, Muslim and non-Muslim, attended the gala dinner.

Latest Tweets

Betboo Porno izle Mobile porn hilesi