Scrolling news:

Afghanistan: Taliban deny responsibility in Kabul suicide bombing killing 12

23rd Aug 2015
Afghanistan: Taliban deny responsibility in Kabul suicide bombing killing 12

 

KABUL, (AA): The Taliban militant group have denied their involvement in Saturday’s deadly suicide car bomb attack that targeted a NATO contractors convoy in the Afghan capital of Kabul.

The blast, which took place on a busy road near a private hospital, a kilometer from the U.S. embassy, rocked a crowded residential area with many security checkposts.

A suspected suicide car bomber reportedly rammed his explosive-laden vehicle into the convoy .

An international coalition forces spokesman, Col. Brian Tribus, confirmed the attack on a NATO convoy, saying three contractors were killed in the attack.

“One Resolute Support contracted civilian was killed in an attack in Kabul at around 4:20 pm [1150GMT] today, two other contracted died of the wounds later,” Tribus said in an email.

Wahidullah Mayar, spokesman for Afghan Ministry of Public Health, speaking to Anadolu Agency said at least 12 civilians including women and children had been killed. “Over 60 others were wounded,” he said.

In an unusual move, Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid denied the group was behind the attack.

“Islamic Emirate mujahideen are not behind today’s suicide attack. We don’t have any information about it,” said Mujahid.

The Afghan Taliban have been claiming responsibility for every single attack on Afghan or international forces as well as governmental institutions in the past 13 years.

Kabul has seen bloody attacks this year as NATO-led international security assistance forces handed over security responsibility to Afghan national forces at the end of 2014.

Author: Zabihullah Tamanna
[Photo: Afghan security officials inspect the site of a suicide bomb blast that targeted the NATO convoy troops in Kabul, Afghanistan on August 22, 2015. A suicide bomb blast killed three civilians and injured at least 27 others.Photographer: Mustafa Bağ/Anadolu]

Leave a Comment

What is 5 + 9 ?
Please leave these two fields as-is:
IMPORTANT! To be able to proceed, you need to solve the following simple math (so we know that you are a human) :-)

Over 120 people attended a landmark conference on the media reporting of Islam and Muslims. It was held jointly by The Muslim News and Society of Editors in London on September 15.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence 2015 was held on March in London to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to the society.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence 2015 was held on March in London to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to the society.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence event is to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to society. Over 850 people from diverse background, Muslim and non-Muslim, attended the gala dinner.

Latest Tweets

Betboo Porno izle Mobile porn hilesi