Scrolling news:

Norway: 5 killed in bow-&-arrow attack – act of terror: police

15th Oct 2021
Norway: 5 killed in bow-&-arrow attack – act of terror: police

News from Agencies: A bow-and-arrow attack that killed five people near the Norwegian town of Kongsberg Wednesday was labeled an act of terrorism, Norwegian Police Security Service (PST) said Thursday.

Four women and a man — all between the ages of 50 and 70 — were killed. Two people, including an off-duty police officer, were injured.

A statement by the PST said the attack was categorized as a terror act, for now, and it underlined that there is no high threat in the country.

“The events in Kongsberg currently appear to be an act of terror, but the investigation… will determine in closer detail what the acts were motivated by,” PST said in a statement.

It added that the attacker was known to police and had a criminal record.

The 37-year-old “radicalized” attacker went on a rampage near Kongsberg, security officials confirmed.

Espen Andersen Bråthen, Danish citizen was arrested half an hour after the attack and was charged with murder.

At an earlier press conference on Thursday, the police said that they had been in contact with the man previously over their fears he had been radicalised and confirmed he had converted to Islam.

“We’re talking about a convert to Islam,” Norwegian police official Ole Bredrup Saeverud told reporters on Thursday, adding: “There were fears linked to radicalisation previously.”

Norwegian public broadcaster NRK are reporting that the man has previously been convicted of burglary and purchasing a small quantity of hashish. The media outlet have also reported that the man was handed a restraining order last year. These reports have not been confirmed by Norwegian police.

Police now think he acted alone and that it was “natural to evaluate whether this was an act of terror,” Kongsberg Police Chief Øyvind Aas said at a press conference Wednesday night.

[Map of Kongsberg, Buskerud, Viken county, Norway. Marmelad/Wiki Commons]

Leave a Comment

What is 8 + 4 ?
Please leave these two fields as-is:
IMPORTANT! To be able to proceed, you need to solve the following simple math (so we know that you are a human) :-)

Over 120 people attended a landmark conference on the media reporting of Islam and Muslims. It was held jointly by The Muslim News and Society of Editors in London on September 15.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence 2015 was held on March in London to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to the society.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence 2015 was held on March in London to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to the society.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence event is to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to society. Over 850 people from diverse background, Muslim and non-Muslim, attended the gala dinner.

Latest Tweets

Betboo Porno izle Mobile porn hilesi