Scrolling news:

Moroccan boy dies after being rescued from 32-meter deep well

6th Feb 2022
Moroccan boy dies after being rescued from 32-meter deep well

By Zeynep Tufekci Gulay

 

RABAT, Morocco (AA): Morocco’s Royal Court confirmed late Saturday the death of a 5-year-old boy who was stuck for five days in a well in a village in northern Morocco.

A statement announced Rayan Oram’s death soon after he was rescued and taken to a nearby hospital.

King Mohammed VI called Rayan’s parents to extend his condolences following the tragic accident.

“Following the tragic accident that claimed the life of the child Rayan Oram, His Majesty King Mohammed VI, may God protect him, made a phone call to Mr. Khaled Oram, and Mrs. Wassima Khersheesh, the parents of the deceased who passed away, after falling into a well,” the King’s statement said.

Rayan had been in a 32-meter (105-foot) deep dry well since Tuesday in Igran in the Chefchaouen region.

Desperate rescuers had been struggling to get Rayan out of the well.

Moroccan rescuers had tried to rescue him from the well. For three days, search crews used bulldozers to dig a parallel ditch. Then on Friday, they started excavating a horizontal tunnel to reach the trapped boy.

“A small rock has delayed the process of reaching Rayan by 3 hours,” Abdel-Hadi Al-Tamrani, a member of a local rescue committee, told a press conference.

“It took three hours of work to remove this rock, as it was not possible to drill hard in order to prevent the well from collapsing,” he added.

Desperate rescuers had since been struggling to pull him out of the well.

Earlier on Saturday, Minister of Equipment and Water Nizar Baraka said that authorities “have harnessed all possibilities” to save Rayan, noting that fears of a landslide have complicated the rescue operation.

* Writing by Ibrahim Mukhtar & Zehra Nur Duz in Ankara.

Additional report by The Muslim News

[Photo: Parents of 5-year-old boy Ryan Oram who was trapped for five days in a deep well who was rescued but died, are seen in Chefchaouen, Morocco on February 5, 2022.  Photographer: Jalal Morchidi/AA]

Leave a Comment

What is 8 + 6 ?
Please leave these two fields as-is:
IMPORTANT! To be able to proceed, you need to solve the following simple math (so we know that you are a human) :-)

Over 120 people attended a landmark conference on the media reporting of Islam and Muslims. It was held jointly by The Muslim News and Society of Editors in London on September 15.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence 2015 was held on March in London to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to the society.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence 2015 was held on March in London to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to the society.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence event is to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to society. Over 850 people from diverse background, Muslim and non-Muslim, attended the gala dinner.

Latest Tweets

Betboo Porno izle Mobile porn hilesi