[Photo: She couldn't believe her sister had gone kept on crying and calling for her]
Palestine Liberation Organization, Negotiation Affairs Department:
- Statistics of the 28 day of the Israeli aggression against the Gaza Strip (July 8th – August 04th).
Though a 7-hours humanitarian ceasefire was announced, Israel continued its attacks against Palestinian residential areas. According to medical reports, Israeli occupation forces targeted the home of Al-Bakri family in Shati Camp killing Aseel Al Bakri, 8 years old, and injuring another 30 people. Since July 8 Israeli Forces have killed over 1829 people (including at least 402 children, 241 women and 74 elderly) and injured over 9450 people (including at least 2805 children, 1823 women and 343 elderly). Israel has deliberately targeted civilians.
Over 485.000 people have been forcibly displaced, taking refuge in UNRWA schools, mosques, churches and hospitals, all areas that have been attacked by Israeli Forces. Israel’s heinous crimes against civilians in Gaza is a testimony to some members of the international community who continue condone Israeli war crimes. During the past 28 days, one Palestinian has been killed per hour.
Statistics of 28 Days of Israeli Aggression against the Gaza Strip July 8th 00:00 AM – August 3rd 12:00 PM
- Palestinians killed – 1829
- Palestinians Injured – 9,450
- Demolished Structures: 5,510
- Partially Demolished Structures: 4674
- Damaged Homes: 30,920
- Schools Damaged –141
- Damaged Hospitals and Health Centers – 17 hospitals and 7 PHC clinics were damaged, 10 hospitals and 44 primary health clinics were closed, 22 ambulances were damaged, and 83 health personnel injured, 19 health personnel died after Israeli airstrikes.
- Attacks against Religious Sites – 41 mosques cannot be used and 120 have been partially damaged. Ten Muslim cemeteries have been targeted. Two Churches and one Christian cemetery have been Partially Damaged.
Over 485,000 people have been displaced (almost one third of the Gaza population) –1,700,000 people (the entire population of the Gaza Strip) have been affected by the destruction of electricity, water and waste water infrastructures.
Israeli disregard to the lives of Palestinians have resulted in the killing of hundreds. Instead of learning from previous experiences, some countries gave green light to Israeli forces to bombard and invade the Gaza Strip. The international community has the legal and moral responsibility to protect the Palestinian population living under Israeli occupation and to hold Israel accountable regarding its severe violations of the international humanitarian law. Lack of accountability will continue to fuel Israeli atrocities and crimes. Lack of international action will continue to increase the list of people killed.
 Updated August 3