Iran: Suicide bombing kills 2 in southeastern Iran

7th Dec 2018
Iran: Suicide bombing kills 2 in southeastern Iran

TEHRAN (AA): At least two people were killed, 43 injured, in a car bombing in Iran’s southeastern port city of Chabahar, Sistan-Balouchestan Province.on Thursday, according to a local official.

Provincial governor Rahmdel Bamri told local media a booby-trapped vehicle attempted to enter a police headquarters in the city.

However, the bomb went off at the entrance of the facility after security guards intercepted the vehicle.

Bamri said in an earlier statement that four people had been killed before telling state T.V. that only two people were killed and at least 43 people were reportedly injured in the attack.

The injured have been transferred to hospitals for treatment.

Vice-Chancellor of the Faculty of Medical Sciences in Iranshahr south of Sistan-Balouchestan Province Kamran Kordi told the Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA) on Thursday that 31 of the injured were discharged from hospital after treatment.

Kordi said 10 of the injured were police staff and the rest ordinary citizens, who frequented around the site of the incident.

He added that 12 of the injured are now getting treated and their general condition is satisfactory. Three are in ICU, he noted.

According to the official there are four children, a pregnant woman and a number of ordinary citizens among the injured.

Iranian media reported that the attack was claimed by the Ansar Al-Furqan, a Baloch militant organization designated as a terrorist group by Iranian authorities.

However, Brigadier General Mohammad Pakpour, commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, denied the claim, saying “no group or individual has until the moment claimed responsibility for the attack.

Additional report from Iranian News Agency

[Photo: Officials inspect the scene after a car bombing in Iran’s southeastern city of Chabahar, Iran on December 6, 2018. At least three people were killed after a suicide bomber drove his explosives-laden vehicle into a police headquarters in the city. Photographer: Stringer/AA]

Leave a Comment

What is 13 + 8 ?
Please leave these two fields as-is:
IMPORTANT! To be able to proceed, you need to solve the following simple math (so we know that you are a human) :-)

Over 120 people attended a landmark conference on the media reporting of Islam and Muslims. It was held jointly by The Muslim News and Society of Editors in London on September 15.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence 2015 was held on March in London to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to the society.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence 2015 was held on March in London to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to the society.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence event is to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to society. Over 850 people from diverse background, Muslim and non-Muslim, attended the gala dinner.

Latest Tweets