Scrolling news:

Afghanistan: Taliban attack on check posts kill 17 Afghan forces

21st May 2018
Afghanistan: Taliban attack on check posts kill 17 Afghan forces

By Shadi Khan Saif

 

KABUL, Afghanistan (AA): Taliban terrorists have stormed multiple check posts in the central Afghan province of Ghazni, killing at least 17 security personnel over the weekend, officials said.

Mohammad Arif Noori, spokesman for the provincial governor, confirmed the killing of 17 security personnel and said up to 50 militants had been killed in clashes.

Lateefa Akbari, chairwoman of the provincial council, informed Anadolu Agency the Taliban overran two security check posts and torched over a hundred homes of the security forces in the Ajristan district on Sunday.

The local Tolo News reported that heavy clashes were still underway in the province.

Meanwhile, Zabihullah Mujahed, Taliban spokesman claimed that 34 security personnel have been killed and 12 more have been taken in custody after several days of clashes.

Separately, the Ministry of Defence announced that Special Forces have been dispatched to take on the Taliban in Ghazni.

In a statement, the ministry noted 110 terrorist have been killed in air and ground offensives in the past 24 hours across the country.

The Taliban announced their fresh spring offensives on April 25, and since then heavy clashes between the warring sides are going on in a number of provinces across Afghanistan.

[Archive photo:  A man inspects the area after three blasts, which killed 8, at the Afghan cricket stadium in Jalalabad city center of Nangarhar province eastern Afghanistan on May 19, 2018. Photographer: Zabihullah Ghazi/AA]

Leave a Comment

What is 5 + 4 ?
Please leave these two fields as-is:
IMPORTANT! To be able to proceed, you need to solve the following simple math (so we know that you are a human) :-)

Over 120 people attended a landmark conference on the media reporting of Islam and Muslims. It was held jointly by The Muslim News and Society of Editors in London on September 15.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence 2015 was held on March in London to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to the society.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence 2015 was held on March in London to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to the society.

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence event is to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to society. Over 850 people from diverse background, Muslim and non-Muslim, attended the gala dinner.

Latest Tweets