Scrolling news:

Philippines: Death toll of Philippine earthquake rises to 99

16th Oct 2013

MANILA, (Xinhua): At least 99 people have been confirmed dead in the magnitude 7.2 earthquake in central Philippines, the country’s disaster relief agency said Wednesday.

The Philippine National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said in a report released Wednesday that 99 people had been killed, of whom 90 died in Bohol, eight in Cebu and one in Siquijor.

In addition, 276 others were wounded. Of the total, 166 were in Bohol, 106 in Cebu.

A total of 558,390 families with 2.84 million people were affected in three provinces.

Power outages are still experienced in the province of Bohol and Iloilo, Cadiz city in Negros Occidental province to date.

But all seaports opened in Cebu except for No. 4 Pier, and almost all port operations resumed in Bohol. Airports operations in affected areas also resumed Tuesday.

 

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/world/2013-10/16/c_132802374.htm

Leave a Comment

What is 8 + 2 ?
Please leave these two fields as-is:
IMPORTANT! To be able to proceed, you need to solve the following simple math (so we know that you are a human) :-)

The Muslim News Awards for Excellence event is to acknowledge British Muslim and non-Muslim contributions to society. Over 850 people from diverse background, Muslim and non-Muslim, attended the gala dinner.


Latest Tweets

The Muslim News

awards

Awards for Excellence

Read more